8:00 - 5:00

Our Opening Hours Mon. - Fri.

+63 2 576-53-51

Call Us For Free Consultation




Highborne Consultancy assists foreign individuals and entities alike in the acquisition of the pertinent Visa needed for their entry to the Philippines. Our Immigration experts and consultants help with compliance with Philippine Immigration Laws for employment, tourism, study, investment and other purposes. In doing so, we coordinate closely with the Department of Foreign Affairs, Bureau of Immigration and Department of Labor and Employment.


Our Visa Processing Services include the following:


  1. Determination of the proper visa to be acquired
  2. Step-by-step walk-through of the process
  3. Process the requirements from the Bureau of Immigration (BI)
  4. Process the requirements from the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE)
  5. Follow-up and update the clients of the status of their applications


Philippine Visas available for Foreign Nationals


According to the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940 (Commonwealth Act No. 613) and other allied laws, the following visas are available for Foreign Nationals


Section 9 (Non-Immigrant Visas) (hyperlink)

Section 13 (Immigrant Visas) (hyperlink)

Special Visas (hyperlink)



Non-Immigrant Visas under Sec. 9 are for foreign nationals who intend to stay in the Philippines on a temporary basis such as tourism, business, transit, study, or employment purposes. Immigrant Visas, under Sec. 13, on the other hand, are for foreign nationals who intend to stay and reside in the Philippines permanently. Special Visas include those classes of persons who do not fall under either Section 9 or Section 13 such as, but not limited to investors, businessmen, or retirees.




Sec. 9 (a) (Temporary Visitor’s Visa)Temporary visitor coming for business or for pleasure or for reasons of health;


Sec. 9 (b) (Transient Visa) A person in transit to a destination outside the Philippines;


Sec. 9 (c) (Seaman’s Visa) A seaman serving as such on a vessel arriving at a port of the Philippines and seeking to enter temporarily and solely in the pursuit of his calling as a seaman;


Sec. 9 (d) (Treaty Trader / Investor Visa) – Alien businessman – An alien entitled to enter the Philippines under and in pursuance of the provisions of a treaty of commerce and navigation:


  • solely to carry on substantial trade principally between the Philippines and the foreign state of which he is a national; or


(2) solely to develop and direct the operations of an enterprise in which, in accordance           with the Constitution and the laws of the Philippines he has invested or of an enterprise in which he is actively in the process of investing, a substantial amount of capital; and his          wife, and his unmarried children under twenty-one years of age, if accompanying or            following to join him, subject to the condition that citizens of the Philippines are accorded    like privileges in the foreign state of which such alien is a national;


Sec. 9 (e) (Diplomatic Visa)An accredited official of a foreign government recognized by the         Government of the Philippines, his family, attendants, servants, and employees;


Sec. 9 (f) (Student Visa) – Higher than high school. – A student, having means sufficient for his education and support in the Philippines, who is at least eighteen years of age and who seeks to enter the Philippines temporarily and solely for the purpose of taking up a course of study higher than high school at a university, seminary, academy, college or school approved for such alien students by the Commissioner of Immigration;


Sec. 9 (g) (Pre-arranged Employment Visa) – Prearranged employment – An alien coming to prearranged employment for whom the issuance of a visa has been authorized in accordance with Section 20 of the Act, and his wife, and his unmarried children under twenty-one years of age, if accompanying him or if following to join him within a period of six months from the date of his admission into the Philippines as a nonimmigrant under this paragraph. An alien who is admitted as a nonimmigrant cannot remain in the Philippines permanently. To obtain permanent admission, a nonimmigrant alien must depart voluntarily to some foreign country and procure from the appropriate Philippine consul the proper visa and thereafter undergo examination by the officers of the Bureau of Immigration at a Philippine port of entry for determination of his admissibility in accordance with the requirements.




QUOTA IMMIGRANT VISAS – Quota immigrant visas may be obtained by foreign nationals of countries which have diplomatic relations with the Philippines and grant the Filipinos the same immigration privileges under the principle of reciprocity which shall not be in excess of fifty (50) of any one nationality or without nationality for any one calendar year


NON-QUOTA IMMIGRANT VISAS – Non-Quota immigrant visas may be issued to restricted nationals who are legally married to Filipino citizens; and their unmarried children under 21 years old, to legally live in the Philippines for one year and extend for two years at the Bureau of Immigration.


To qualify for this visa, it must be proven that:

  • The applicant contracted a valid marriage with a Philippine citizen.
  • The marriage is recognized as valid under existing Philippine laws.
  • There is no record of any derogatory information against the applicant in any local or foreign law enforcement agency.
  • The applicant is not afflicted with any dangerous, contagious or loathsome disease.
  • The applicant has sufficient financial capacity to support a family and will not become a public burden.
  • The applicant was allowed entry into the Philippines and was authorized by Immigration authorities to stay.

This visa is only available to citizens of a country which grants permanent residence and immigration privileges to Philippine citizens.






  1. SPECIAL NON-IMMIGRANT VISA under 47(a)(2) (PEZA and BOI) – Under Sec. 47(a)(2) of Philippine Immigration Act, a Special Non-Immigrant Visa may be issued to foreign investors by the Secretary of the Department of Justice on the basis of public interest or public policy (oil exploration and drilling, power generation, and infrastructure). This visa is given to foreign employees of companies registered with Philippine Economic Zone Authority and Board of Investments;


  1. SPECIAL NON-IMMIGRANT VISA under E.O. 226 (RHQ/ROHQ) – Under Executive Order No. 226, a Special Non-Immigrant Visa may be issued to foreign nationals assigned to work in Regional or Area Headquarters (RHQs) or Regional/Area Operating Headquarters (ROHQ);


  1. SPECIAL NON-IMMIGRANT VISA under P.D. 1034 (Offshore Banking Units) – A Special Non-Immigrant Visa under Presidential Decree No. 1034 may also be issued to foreign national employees of offshore banks which are duly-licensed by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas to operate as such.




  1. SPECIAL INVESTOR’S RESIDENT VISA (SIRV) – A Special Investor’s Resident Visa (SIRV) may be obtained by any foreign national (except restricted nationals), at least twenty-one (21) years who meets the qualifications and follows the implementing rules provided for in the issuance of an SIRV.


To qualify for this visa, it must be proven that:


a. The applicant must not have been convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude;

b. The applicant must not have been afflicted with any loathsome, dangerous or contagious disease;

c. The applicant must not have been admitted or institutionalized for any mental disorder or disability;

d. The applicant must be willing and able to invest the amount of at least USD75,000.00 in the Philippines.


  1. SPECIAL VISA FOR EMPLOYMENT GENERATION (SVEG) – A Special Visa for Employment Generation (SVEG) may be obtained by a qualified non-immigrant foreign national who shall employ at least ten (10) Filipino nationals in a lawful and sustainable enterprise, trade, or industry.


  1. SPECIAL RESIDENT RETIREE’S VISA (SRRV) – A Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV) may be obtained by foreign nationals and overseas Filipinos entitling the holder of the same to multiple-entry privileges and the right to reside permanently and indefinitely in the Philippines.





Special Work Permits are issued to Foreign Nationals who legally enter the Philippines on a temporary visa (tourist visa) and intend to engage in professional undertaking or commercial operation


  1. ALIEN EMPLOYMENT PERMIT – Alien Employment Permits may be obtained by foreign nationals who wish to work in the Philippines,


  1. PROVISIONAL WORK PERMIT – Provisional Work Permits may be obtained by foreign nationals currently holding temporary visitor visas and who are intending to work in the Philippines with pending 9(g) or 9(d) Visa applications.


  1. SPECIAL WORK PERMIT (COMMERCIAL) – Special Work Permits (Commercial) may be obtained by a foreign national who shall engage in gainful employment for three to six (3-6) months


  1. SPECIAL TEMPORARY PERMIT – Special Temporary Permits may be obtained by foreign nationals who intend to practice a regulated profession in the Philippines